Team Tesscott
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Team Tesscott

This is a place for Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir fans to get together and talk. It isn't an official fan club (at least not yet).

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Injury forces Virtue and Moir to withdraw from Skate Canada

Go down 
+7
cailuj365
misha
lilybird
OlieRow
swandie
Otma
Andin
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Andin
Fan
Fan
Andin

Injury forces Virtue and Moir to withdraw from Skate Canada Empty
PostSubject: Injury forces Virtue and Moir to withdraw from Skate Canada   Injury forces Virtue and Moir to withdraw from Skate Canada Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 10:43 am

Back to top Go down
Otma
Fan
Fan

PostSubject: Re: Injury forces Virtue and Moir to withdraw from Skate Canada   Injury forces Virtue and Moir to withdraw from Skate Canada Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 11:56 am

I'm really sorry...
Back to top Go down
swandie
Fan
Fan

PostSubject: Re: Injury forces Virtue and Moir to withdraw from Skate Canada   Injury forces Virtue and Moir to withdraw from Skate Canada Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 3:42 pm

*face is on the floor* I can't believe it... Get well soon, Tessa!
Back to top Go down
http://swandie27.livejournal.com/
OlieRow
Fan
Fan
OlieRow

PostSubject: Re: Injury forces Virtue and Moir to withdraw from Skate Canada   Injury forces Virtue and Moir to withdraw from Skate Canada Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 6:19 pm

This dampers my excitement for Skate America tomorrow... I hope Tessa heals quick and makes a full recovery. Like she said in one of the articles, better this year than next.
Back to top Go down
lilybird
Novice Skater
Novice Skater

PostSubject: Re: Injury forces Virtue and Moir to withdraw from Skate Canada   Injury forces Virtue and Moir to withdraw from Skate Canada Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 3:07 pm

Very sad news.
Wishing Tessa a full recovery.
Back to top Go down
misha
Fan
Fan
misha

PostSubject: Re: Injury forces Virtue and Moir to withdraw from Skate Canada   Injury forces Virtue and Moir to withdraw from Skate Canada Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 11:04 pm

tessa and scott speak: cbc interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_MQ3LopPYo
Back to top Go down
swandie
Fan
Fan

PostSubject: Re: Injury forces Virtue and Moir to withdraw from Skate Canada   Injury forces Virtue and Moir to withdraw from Skate Canada Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 10:48 am

Thanks, misha. It's good that they're taking this all in stride. Tessa seems to be recovering nicely. Did they officially withdraw from NHK yet? Tessa said in the video that she should be back on the ice around the end of November so I assume they will not be at NHK. I haven't seen an official announcement though so I wasn't sure.
Back to top Go down
cailuj365
Fan
Fan

PostSubject: Re: Injury forces Virtue and Moir to withdraw from Skate Canada   Injury forces Virtue and Moir to withdraw from Skate Canada Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 5:58 pm

*sigh*

This is one of the times where a website would be good thing to have so we wouldn't have to wait for official press releases from Skate Canada...

I'm glad to see they're not crushed by the whole injury, but they sound ridiculously cheerful for missing half of their season.
Back to top Go down
misha
Fan
Fan
misha

PostSubject: Re: Injury forces Virtue and Moir to withdraw from Skate Canada   Injury forces Virtue and Moir to withdraw from Skate Canada Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 11:43 pm

cailuj365 wrote:
*sigh*

This is one of the times where a website would be good thing to have so we wouldn't have to wait for official press releases from Skate Canada...

I'm glad to see they're not crushed by the whole injury, but they sound ridiculously cheerful for missing half of their season.

i think they are ridiculously cheerful because they can still skate. unless they knew how manageable the problem was all along, i can only imagine how scary it was to think that everything they've been working for could be gone -- after only two seasons, a year before the olympics. she will skate -- no wonder they're beaming. moreover, in the interview, tessa's focus was on the olympics. i don't think they're too broken up over missing the grandprix of the season before the olympics. it's important, but the olympics are what matters most when all is said and done.

but you're so right -- a website would be helpful. they even lost the domain name.
Back to top Go down
Andin
Fan
Fan
Andin

PostSubject: Re: Injury forces Virtue and Moir to withdraw from Skate Canada   Injury forces Virtue and Moir to withdraw from Skate Canada Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 3:54 am

misha wrote:

i think they are ridiculously cheerful because they can still skate. ... i don't think they're too broken up over missing the grandprix of the season before the olympics. it's important, but the olympics are what matters most when all is said and done.

I think so too. It was so painful for me when Stephane Lambiel announced his retirement. So now I'm glad that Tessa and Scott can still skate.
Back to top Go down
OlieRow
Fan
Fan
OlieRow

PostSubject: Re: Injury forces Virtue and Moir to withdraw from Skate Canada   Injury forces Virtue and Moir to withdraw from Skate Canada Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 1:42 pm

It has to be such a relief to know that there was a surgery to fix this as opposed to having to skate in pain indefinitely. I also think this shows that they have such a great perspective on their skating. They're really looking at the big picture and Tessa's health is so important in that. I know there's been talk about if they've had too much success to fast, etc., but they really seem to deal with everything that has come their way - success and injury - far better than one would expect for their age.
Back to top Go down
cailuj365
Fan
Fan

PostSubject: Re: Injury forces Virtue and Moir to withdraw from Skate Canada   Injury forces Virtue and Moir to withdraw from Skate Canada Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 3:01 pm

Oh, yes, I'm glad that the injury seems to be fully treatable too. I was being a little flippant when I said how cheerful they were and wasn't trying to criticize them. Also, my perception of their "ridiculous cheerfulness" was probably because I'm quite sad about the injury as a fan and felt like their feelings were going to match my own. Obviously, a fan's perspective will greatly differ from the perspective of the actual skater. It really must be a relief to know that their long-term goals will not be that affected by this.

Last edited by cailuj365 on Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cailuj365
Fan
Fan

PostSubject: Re: Injury forces Virtue and Moir to withdraw from Skate Canada   Injury forces Virtue and Moir to withdraw from Skate Canada Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 3:04 pm

double post
Back to top Go down
rochi0823
Fan
Fan

PostSubject: Re: Injury forces Virtue and Moir to withdraw from Skate Canada   Injury forces Virtue and Moir to withdraw from Skate Canada Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 5:44 pm

I was like that too I want to kill them because since july I have been waiting Skate Canada and trying to see them but tessa suffer this and her health is what matters right now..I am very sad but like she said an athlet have to pass through this..and know was her turn..
Back to top Go down
misha
Fan
Fan
misha

PostSubject: Re: Injury forces Virtue and Moir to withdraw from Skate Canada   Injury forces Virtue and Moir to withdraw from Skate Canada Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 7:28 pm

now of course, i've to sit there without firing off some response as people start writing off v/m for the entire season.
Back to top Go down
swandie
Fan
Fan

PostSubject: Re: Injury forces Virtue and Moir to withdraw from Skate Canada   Injury forces Virtue and Moir to withdraw from Skate Canada Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 7:56 pm

Losing half a season does put them at a disadvantage for this year. They won't have any feedback from the international judges going into 4CC and because of this, it would be easy to write them off. At the same time, they have a lot of time to train and get their elements solid before nationals which could be a bit of advantage.

Skaters have missed the Grand Prix due to injury and have done pretty well at Nationals, 4CC/Euros, and Worlds. Jeff Buttle, for example, sat out the 2006 Grand Prix season because of the stress fracture in his back. That year he placed 2nd at 4CC. He was second after the short program at Worlds. His ultimate 6th place finish was due in part to a meltdown after the overwhelming response to Daisuke Takahashi. His injury was more severe than Tessa's so I think they will be fine.
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Admin
Sarah

PostSubject: Re: Injury forces Virtue and Moir to withdraw from Skate Canada   Injury forces Virtue and Moir to withdraw from Skate Canada Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 5:17 pm

I think that they will be fine. There really is no competition for them at Canadians. Look at the results from last year, i can't see anyone touching them there.

At 4CC's, i think they will be fine as well.
Back to top Go down
Diana
Fan
Fan

PostSubject: Re: Injury forces Virtue and Moir to withdraw from Skate Canada   Injury forces Virtue and Moir to withdraw from Skate Canada Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 2:02 pm

Sarah wrote:

At 4CC's, i think they will be fine as well.

Oh, I don't know about that. D/W's OD and FD this year are really good. Perhaps this year D/W will overtake V/M.
Back to top Go down
Andin
Fan
Fan
Andin

PostSubject: Re: Injury forces Virtue and Moir to withdraw from Skate Canada   Injury forces Virtue and Moir to withdraw from Skate Canada Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 3:24 pm

Diana wrote:

Oh, I don't know about that. D/W's OD and FD this year are really good.

We didn't see V/M new dances at all - how can we decide anything? I read one thing in a russian forum. An eyewitness of Tessa&Scott's practice said they skate twiсe as good now.
Back to top Go down
OlieRow
Fan
Fan
OlieRow

PostSubject: Re: Injury forces Virtue and Moir to withdraw from Skate Canada   Injury forces Virtue and Moir to withdraw from Skate Canada Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 7:10 pm

We don't know anything about their programs/improvements, but D/W looked great at Skate Canada. I can't wait to see what Tessa & Scott have come up with. If they skate anywhere near twice as good that'd be sweeeet!

I can say though, we were robbed of Scott's Paso Doble at Skate Canada! I bet he'd be FIERCE. Hopefully it'll be drawn for NHK (if they go), Canadians, or Worlds!
Back to top Go down
rochi0823
Fan
Fan

PostSubject: Re: Injury forces Virtue and Moir to withdraw from Skate Canada   Injury forces Virtue and Moir to withdraw from Skate Canada Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 8:43 pm

Can someone please explain me?..Tessa and Scott will not be in NHK i know that..but they will not be at the canadians championships, 4cc AND worlds?!!

Davis and White went good in Skate Canada International but their free dance they got only 88.something..and Tessa and Scott in their first free dance of their new season they get 96. something..

Davis and White are great but Tessa and Scott are so much HIGH than them..
Back to top Go down
swandie
Fan
Fan

PostSubject: Re: Injury forces Virtue and Moir to withdraw from Skate Canada   Injury forces Virtue and Moir to withdraw from Skate Canada Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 2:56 pm

The CD at NHK will be Paso Doble. As of right now, Tessa and Scott are listed as competitors at NHK. They haven't officially withdrawn yet so there is a possibility that they'll still be there. They will make it to nationals, 4CC and worlds for sure.

As for Meryl and Charlie's FD score at SC, it's not that Tessa and Scott are so much better than them. Adjustments were made to the scoring over the summer which is why the season's best score so far is only a little over 91. The total scores aren't as high this season because they deleted an element from the original dance. I doubt Tessa and Scott would have scored as high as they did last year if they would have competed this weekend.
Back to top Go down
rochi0823
Fan
Fan

PostSubject: Re: Injury forces Virtue and Moir to withdraw from Skate Canada   Injury forces Virtue and Moir to withdraw from Skate Canada Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 4:50 pm

Yes..I am agree but this is what I think..I know they have a lot of potential but is like it's hard for them to skate in such powerfull rhythm almost all 4 minutes..And that is true..they have to work a lot to be at the same level as Domnina-Shabalin and Khohlova-Novitskiy. in the GP final..and also the croud was waiting so long to se V/M go out and win this..with out them Skate Canada was not the same..
Back to top Go down
rochi0823
Fan
Fan

PostSubject: Re: Injury forces Virtue and Moir to withdraw from Skate Canada   Injury forces Virtue and Moir to withdraw from Skate Canada Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 4:52 pm

And I know that if Tessa and Scott would participate in SC they have surelly win this..I know that because the quality of dance that they have I know that no one else can reach it..
Back to top Go down
cleoc
Fan
Fan

PostSubject: Re: Injury forces Virtue and Moir to withdraw from Skate Canada   Injury forces Virtue and Moir to withdraw from Skate Canada Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 8:26 am

Sorry, rochi0823, did you saw there new dance???????
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Injury forces Virtue and Moir to withdraw from Skate Canada   Injury forces Virtue and Moir to withdraw from Skate Canada Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Injury forces Virtue and Moir to withdraw from Skate Canada
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next