Team Tesscott
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Team Tesscott

This is a place for Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir fans to get together and talk. It isn't an official fan club (at least not yet).

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Skate Canada High Performance Camp

Go down 
+4
Marta
Andin
misha
OlieRow
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
OlieRow
Fan
Fan
OlieRow

Skate Canada High Performance Camp Empty
PostSubject: Skate Canada High Performance Camp   Skate Canada High Performance Camp Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 5:30 am

Please tell me one of you guys snuck in and has juicy info to share/pictures/costume reports/music choices/etc...

Seriously, we got nothing. No I did see the rumor from FSU about a possible Pink Floyd FD. What are you your thoughts?

44 days until Skate Canada.
Back to top Go down
misha
Fan
Fan
misha

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada High Performance Camp   Skate Canada High Performance Camp Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 12:08 pm

Back to top Go down
Andin
Fan
Fan
Andin

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada High Performance Camp   Skate Canada High Performance Camp Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 1:18 pm

OlieRow wrote:
I did see the rumor from FSU about a possible Pink Floyd FD.

Shocked

I heard Pink Floyd is music choice of Isa and Olivier, isn't it?

Misha, I've seen this article. It has a lot of small pictures but hasn't even one picture of Tessa and Scott. It's strange thing for me....
Back to top Go down
Marta
Fan
Fan

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada High Performance Camp   Skate Canada High Performance Camp Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 4:38 pm

Hello

I've just read on FSUniverse forum ShellyB has written

"I heard Tessa & Scott did not skate due to injury. Tessa is suffering from shin splints and was trying to recover.

Hmmmm... Skate Canada will be making important announcement in London, Ont. on Sept 22 with Tessa & Scott... "

People on the forum even started speculating about their retirement which for me seems ridiculous.

What do you think about it?
Back to top Go down
OlieRow
Fan
Fan
OlieRow

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada High Performance Camp   Skate Canada High Performance Camp Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 5:12 pm

Oh no! I was hoping they weren't injured... I don't think they'd retire though. I mean, I didn't expect Jeff to either but I think they're at different points in their careers. I hope Tessa gets better soon!
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Admin
Sarah

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada High Performance Camp   Skate Canada High Performance Camp Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 5:41 pm

I'm nervous now..i dont think i would even watch much skating this year if there was no jeff or tessa and scott...i guess theres still dube and davison and a few other up and coming skaters that would give us hope in the years leading up to the olympics - but the level of skating won't be as high anymore...

That being said....i dont think Tessa and Scott would retire at this point in their career. They haven't even gone to the Olympics yet. It may be possible that due to the shin splints they have to take a year of competition though. Maybe thats what all of this is about.
Back to top Go down
OlieRow
Fan
Fan
OlieRow

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada High Performance Camp   Skate Canada High Performance Camp Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 7:00 pm

There was an article posted on FSU from a Hamilton paper on Sept. 11 saying that Hamilton is not going to be hosting Canadian nationals in 2010 (I think) because it is too big of a venue. The top candidates were smaller arenas in London, Kitchner, and Ottawa. The site would be announced in the next 2 weeks (which would be the 25th). Its possible they could be going to London on the 22nd to be there when Skate Canada announces that London is the site for 2010 Nationals.

I wouldn't be too nervous about their retiring just yet. Everything we hear makes me feel like yes, there are things outside skating they want to accomplish, but there are a lot of skating-related goals they have yet to achieve. Shin spints will eventually heal. They're kind of a pain to deal with (based on my experience from teammates who have dealt with them) but with proper treatment they'll heal and then its a matter of taking preventative measures to keep them from reoccuring. As long as they didn't get to the point where they're stress fractures, I wouldn't think they'd have to take the year off. I'd think Skate Canada could be in jeopardy (depending on when the diagnosis was made and how much time they missed getting programs together/etc), possibly the GP season if its a recent and more severe injury. I doubt this would be something that would keep them out through Canadians, but maybe I'm just trying to be super positive. Of course, I'm not a doctor (yet!) and I don't know anything about Tessa's injury specifically. The timing and severity are the big factors.
Back to top Go down
lilybird
Novice Skater
Novice Skater

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada High Performance Camp   Skate Canada High Performance Camp Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 7:58 pm

Now I'm nervous, too. Not about them retiring but just about making the GP this season at all.

If this rumor is true, I wish her the quickest recovery ever.

Sad
Back to top Go down
Andin
Fan
Fan
Andin

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada High Performance Camp   Skate Canada High Performance Camp Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 3:53 pm

lilybird wrote:

If this rumor is true, I wish her the quickest recovery ever.

Sad

I agree...

I can't imagine they can decide to retire now. Really, they haven't ever gone to Olympic Games! We don't know how serious is that injury at all....but anyway I'm so nervous about it...
Back to top Go down
misha
Fan
Fan
misha

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada High Performance Camp   Skate Canada High Performance Camp Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 2:12 pm

we'll see in a month what the deal is. i definitely don't think they're retiring.
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Admin
Sarah

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada High Performance Camp   Skate Canada High Performance Camp Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 3:19 pm

Well the conference was about London being the host of the next Nationals, not anything about tessa and scott.
Back to top Go down
Andin
Fan
Fan
Andin

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada High Performance Camp   Skate Canada High Performance Camp Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 3:56 pm

Sarah wrote:
Well the conference was about London being the host of the next Nationals, not anything about tessa and scott.

No, it was yet:

http://lfpress.ca/newsstand/Sports/OtherSports/2008/09/23/6847676-sun.html

I think this article is from that conference Very Happy
Back to top Go down
OlieRow
Fan
Fan
OlieRow

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada High Performance Camp   Skate Canada High Performance Camp Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 5:53 pm

Quote :
They will, as usual, put together a daring 2009 program but could kick it old school musically this year. They have showed a recent interest in tunes from bands like Pink Floyd.

Another Pink Floyd mention...
Back to top Go down
misha
Fan
Fan
misha

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada High Performance Camp   Skate Canada High Performance Camp Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 7:42 pm

from the article

- hardcore training right now
- tessa ready to skate right now
- their season definitely starting at skate canada

it doesn't appear that tessa is majorly injured.
Back to top Go down
Andin
Fan
Fan
Andin

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada High Performance Camp   Skate Canada High Performance Camp Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 12:39 pm

misha wrote:

it doesn't appear that tessa is majorly injured.

yeah, It seems so! I hope there's really good signs here. I don't think they'd conceal the injury if it was serious.
Back to top Go down
OlieRow
Fan
Fan
OlieRow

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada High Performance Camp   Skate Canada High Performance Camp Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 3:03 pm

Article from IceNetwork:

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080926&content_id=52094&vkey=ice_news

Quote :
According to national bronze medalist Sawyer, Virtue and Moir created the biggest buzz with their free dance set to the music of English rock band Pink Floyd.

"Everybody was talking about it the whole weekend. I didn't see it, but apparently they had incredible lifts, intricate choreography and the music is great," Sawyer said of the world silver medalists.

Sawyer, whose short program is set to a classical rendition of Pink Floyd mega-hit "Another Brick in the Wall," had no explanation as to why he and the ice dancers aligned themselves this season with the musicians whose fame soared in the 1970s. "Maybe we both got a free CD at nationals or something," he chuckled.

I'm not sure I like the rumors that they're skating to the same music as D/S, but I'm glad they were able to skate and that the new FD was a hit. Can't wait for the Grand Prixs to start! bounce
Back to top Go down
misha
Fan
Fan
misha

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada High Performance Camp   Skate Canada High Performance Camp Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 3:44 pm

so there's been a lot of misinformation going around. i think next off season i may just avoid these boards all together because rumours get started that are so heartbreaking and wrong. v/m did skate. it's just ... a secret. a big secret.

from the sound of the fd, i can't wait for skate canada.
Back to top Go down
cailuj365
Fan
Fan

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada High Performance Camp   Skate Canada High Performance Camp Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 8:23 pm

It's possible that they didn't skate the OD, which is where all of the ice dance pictures from Skate Canada are from.

Last edited by cailuj365 on Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rochi0823
Fan
Fan

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada High Performance Camp   Skate Canada High Performance Camp Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 8:34 pm

I don`t andersand..what happend?
Back to top Go down
misha
Fan
Fan
misha

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada High Performance Camp   Skate Canada High Performance Camp Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 10:21 pm

rochi0823 wrote:
I don`t andersand..what happend?

everyone was expecting to get info on tessa and scott's new direction/skating during camp. but there were no photos and the recap didn't mention them skating. everyone was wondering what happened. so someone started the rumour that they didn't skate at all and they didn't skate because tessa was injured with shin splints. because it took them out of the camp, people wondered if they'd make it to skate canada and even if their whole grand prix season was in jeopardy. this kind of injury is tricky and rough to heal.

the thing is, tessa and scott did skate. and they skated an amazing program -- but it was a big, big secret. the camp has been over for more than a week, and we're just finding out that they skated their FD. who knows if they skated anything else. just because no one is talking about it or no photos were uploaded doesn't mean that they didn't.

there's this void of information and people are putting out rumours trying to explain and fill that void.
Back to top Go down
cailuj365
Fan
Fan

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada High Performance Camp   Skate Canada High Performance Camp Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 11:20 pm

I don't think that V/M are deliberately thinking, "Let's make it a big, big secret." The information about their FD came out publicly on icenetwork not too long after the camp. If they were truly making it a secret, I think they would have prevented that. The recap from Skate Canada did include quotes from Tessa and Scott, just not specifically about their music choices or skating, which none of the quotes from the other skaters did either. I'm also not sure what the advantage would be to keeping the programs of skaters a secret if it was a closed event anyway. Besides, at least the FD info came from an actual source, icenetwork, than the music info of other ice dance teams. I have no idea where people got the information about Belbin/Agosto's and Domnina/Shabalin's FDs.

Edited to say that I was one of those people who didn't know if Virtue and Moir would make it to Skate Canada, but I'm not going to be bothered by whether Tessa was actually injured or not. (I also don't think that person on FSU just randomly started a rumor. The detail about shin splints is specific.) It's possible that she really is/was injured. But hey, if she isn't injured, fantastic, and if she is, it's evident that it can't be that serious since she did skate the FD. Whatever it is, none of us have the whole story so we shouldn't judge too quickly and say the reason why there are no photos is because they're trying to keep things secret.
Back to top Go down
misha
Fan
Fan
misha

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada High Performance Camp   Skate Canada High Performance Camp Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 11:55 pm

they've shut down their website. they are major players with hottest program and we barely get information and only more than a week after the event -- something is up. as the rumour. even if the people who started it and passed it on didn't have a malicious intent, it did upset me to think that they're hurt and that their season was in jeopardy. as i said, i kind of understand how people are creating all of these ideas to explain what's going on because basically nothing much is out there. still, i don't like when i'm worried for no reason because of a rumour.
Back to top Go down
cailuj365
Fan
Fan

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada High Performance Camp   Skate Canada High Performance Camp Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 8:42 am

Oh, I don't know. This is all just a difference in opinion. I actually think Shawn Sawyer's quote in the icenetwork article was more information than I thought we'd actually get. None of the other skaters' programs were mentioned in that article. A week does not seem that long to me either, but I've been busy with school. Maybe icenetwork just had trouble contacting skaters and putting up the article sooner.

Regarding the website, it is weird that they didn't put up a new one, but the plan was just about to expire according to the webmaster. They didn't have to shut down their website if they wanted to keep things a secret. They could choose to just not post information about their programs. So, the statement that the hosting plan was about to expire seems more plausible to me. Sorry to play devil's advocate, but I'm just trying to say that there may be other reasons for lack of info (and we did get some eventually), photos, etc. than a conspiracy to keep secretive.
Back to top Go down
Andin
Fan
Fan
Andin

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada High Performance Camp   Skate Canada High Performance Camp Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 8:57 am

I don't like any rumours. I don't like there are too much rumours in this summer (in my opinion). I think maybe this high security played a bad joke with guys - anybody can say now: "They made the same music choice as D/S." Who knows maybe they were first at all?
Anyway I hope they'll present a one more beautiful dance. I'm waiting for it and I believe in Tessa and Scott.
Back to top Go down
lilybird
Novice Skater
Novice Skater

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada High Performance Camp   Skate Canada High Performance Camp Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 12:05 pm

cailuj365 wrote:
I don't think that V/M are deliberately thinking, "Let's make it a big, big secret." ..... Whatever it is, none of us have the whole story so we shouldn't judge too quickly and say the reason why there are no photos is because they're trying to keep things secret.
This has been my view of things all summer. I think they're busy with their training - the coaches (IMO) are probably the ones trying to delay any program announcements and the skaters might go along with whatever the coaches preferences are simply because they're so busy and don't really care that much about this particular issue, one way or another - then the web hosting expires - the Performance Camp is closed -

Putting everything together, I think it's easy to feel there are "Secrets," but I agree with cailuj that most likely it's nothing deliberate.

It was nice, though, to read Sawyer's quote in icenetwork. That's the first True, Real information that has come out about V/M's new programs. Finally something that isn't based on rumor. And Yay!! It sounds Positive!! Smile

How many weeks till Skate Canada?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada High Performance Camp   Skate Canada High Performance Camp Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skate Canada High Performance Camp
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next