Team Tesscott
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Team Tesscott

This is a place for Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir fans to get together and talk. It isn't an official fan club (at least not yet).

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Off.Site was closed

Go down 
+5
Marta
misha
swandie
Sarah
Andin
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Andin
Fan
Fan
Andin

Off.Site was closed Empty
PostSubject: Off.Site was closed   Off.Site was closed Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 5:01 am

Official Site was closed. Shocked What are you thinking about it? does anyone know some reason?

http://www.virtue-moir.com/index.htm
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Admin
Sarah

PostSubject: Re: Off.Site was closed   Off.Site was closed Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 1:29 pm

I have no idea. Maybe they werent getting enough people browsing it. Thats weird that they would close it down without notifying it before hand.
Back to top Go down
swandie
Fan
Fan

PostSubject: Re: Off.Site was closed   Off.Site was closed Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 1:59 pm

It's possible that they are creating a new official site under a new domain but usually when a site closes, they mention that. Maybe we'll see a new site during the season.
Back to top Go down
http://swandie27.livejournal.com/
misha
Fan
Fan
misha

PostSubject: Re: Off.Site was closed   Off.Site was closed Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 9:30 pm

to me, if you're creating a new website, you keep your domain, which is the area everyone knows they can find you, and you switch layouts as seamlessly as possible. you don't disable the website and tell everyone else to get lost, giving them no incentive to return. it's like they don't want an online presence anymore.
Back to top Go down
Marta
Fan
Fan

PostSubject: Re: Off.Site was closed   Off.Site was closed Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 1:40 am

the website is working again cheers !!
Back to top Go down
cleoc
Fan
Fan

PostSubject: Re: Off.Site was closed   Off.Site was closed Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 2:18 am

Website didnt work for me - maybe you find new website?
Back to top Go down
Marta
Fan
Fan

PostSubject: Re: Off.Site was closed   Off.Site was closed Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 8:18 am

no, I didn't.

Now I've read it's no longer going to be updated Sad
Back to top Go down
Marta
Fan
Fan

PostSubject: Re: Off.Site was closed   Off.Site was closed Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 8:26 am

My mistake, I haven't read carefully before.

Sorry for giving you hope.
Back to top Go down
Andin
Fan
Fan
Andin

PostSubject: Re: Off.Site was closed   Off.Site was closed Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 11:12 am

misha wrote:
to me, if you're creating a new website, you keep your domain, which is the area everyone knows they can find you, and you switch layouts as seamlessly as possible. you don't disable the website and tell everyone else to get lost, giving them no incentive to return. it's like they don't want an online presence anymore.

yeah, I agree.... If this site was closed because of the creator had some troubles, I think it doesn't be made so....without any hope that we will see a new site.... They are one of lead couple now and they haven't an official site....I can't understand this decision. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Diana
Fan
Fan

PostSubject: Re: Off.Site was closed   Off.Site was closed Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 2:31 pm

Most likely they are switching to a new website with a new webmaster, etc. Probably they meant to have the switch take place at the start of this month, but something fell through, so the old website shut down before the new one was up. I expect a new website to be up shortly.
Back to top Go down
swandie
Fan
Fan

PostSubject: Re: Off.Site was closed   Off.Site was closed Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 2:55 pm

Diana wrote:
Most likely they are switching to a new website with a new webmaster, etc. Probably they meant to have the switch take place at the start of this month, but something fell through, so the old website shut down before the new one was up. I expect a new website to be up shortly.

I think that's mostly likely what happened. You said it better than I did...
Back to top Go down
http://swandie27.livejournal.com/
misha
Fan
Fan
misha

PostSubject: Re: Off.Site was closed   Off.Site was closed Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 5:14 pm

Diana wrote:

hope you're right. they're too much of a prominent team not to have a website, and a really good website at that.
Back to top Go down
OlieRow
Fan
Fan
OlieRow

PostSubject: Re: Off.Site was closed   Off.Site was closed Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 5:50 pm

I hope they're just updating the website and there's been some kind of mix up, but the site said to watch SkateCanada.ca for updates on them. I'm not sure how to interpret that. I agree that they're too prominent not to have a website. Especially with the lead up to Vancouver and the endorsment opportunities that will arise with them (hopefully) being contenders for the gold.
Back to top Go down
Andin
Fan
Fan
Andin

PostSubject: Re: Off.Site was closed   Off.Site was closed Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 7:44 am

OlieRow wrote:
the site said to watch SkateCanada.ca for updates on them. I'm not sure how to interpret that.

The thing that makes me worried foremost Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Diana
Fan
Fan

PostSubject: Re: Off.Site was closed   Off.Site was closed Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 8:36 am

Andin wrote:
OlieRow wrote:
the site said to watch SkateCanada.ca for updates on them. I'm not sure how to interpret that.

If V&M switch to a new website with a new URL, what better place to make that announcement than on the SkateCanada website? Really, where else would they announce it?
Back to top Go down
OlieRow
Fan
Fan
OlieRow

PostSubject: Re: Off.Site was closed   Off.Site was closed Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 9:00 am

Diana wrote:
Andin wrote:
OlieRow wrote:

If V&M switch to a new website with a new URL, what better place to make that announcement than on the SkateCanada website? Really, where else would they announce it?

On the old website? Or make it so that by typing in www.virtue-moir.com (or whatever it was) leads you to the new site automatically.
Back to top Go down
Diana
Fan
Fan

PostSubject: Re: Off.Site was closed   Off.Site was closed Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 9:58 am

OlieRow wrote:

On the old website? Or make it so that by typing in www.virtue-moir.com (or whatever it was) leads you to the new site automatically.

It depends on who was running the old website, who is in control of that domain name, etc. Perhaps they will do what you suggest. Or perhaps the contracts related to that website and domain name are tied up in such a way that they can't do that, don't want to do that, or whatever. We don't know all the reasons for the shutdown, nor do we know how the original website/domain name was secured. SkateCanada seems like a pretty neutral place to announce it. Plus, it is likely that the announcement will be seen by more people if put on the SkateCanada website, than only on their own. There's also a possibility that SkateCanada wants to be more connected to this team promotionally, as the Vancouver Games approach.
Back to top Go down
Andin
Fan
Fan
Andin

PostSubject: Re: Off.Site was closed   Off.Site was closed Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 11:06 am

Diana wrote:

Plus, it is likely that the announcement will be seen by more people if put on the SkateCanada website, than only on their own.

That's good idea! I didn't think about it. Thank you, Diana! Ok, we don't know true reasons, really. So we just have to wait and check out SkateCanada.... but anyway I think the off.site must be closed in a different way. But of course it's just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
lilybird
Novice Skater
Novice Skater

PostSubject: Re: Off.Site was closed   Off.Site was closed Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 11:53 am

Diana wrote:
There's also a possibility that SkateCanada wants to be more connected to this team promotionally, as the Vancouver Games approach.
If that were to be so, I sure hope the Skate Canada website isn't an indication of what they think is a good site for a skater's personal site. IMO - and I know this is strictly my opinion - the SC site is incredibly dull, dry, plain .... well, crappy, really. There are no interesting graphics to capture someone's attention, no good pictures (hardly ANY pictures), etc. I think they do a terrible job of showcasing their national team skaters.
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Admin
Sarah

PostSubject: Re: Off.Site was closed   Off.Site was closed Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 2:40 pm

I'm thinking that "watch skatecanda.ca for updates on them" means that the webmaster doesnt want to keep the site anymore. Someone new may decide to take over this domain, or there may be another one in the works - but it certainly does not look that way to me right now.

But theres so many things that could be going on that we dont know about - ie a new domain, a new site manager, what Diana said about Skate Canada wanting to promote them more. so who knows what may happen.
Back to top Go down
OlieRow
Fan
Fan
OlieRow

PostSubject: Re: Off.Site was closed   Off.Site was closed Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 7:13 pm

Diana wrote:
OlieRow wrote:

It depends on who was running the old website, who is in control of that domain name, etc. Perhaps they will do what you suggest. Or perhaps the contracts related to that website and domain name are tied up in such a way that they can't do that, don't want to do that, or whatever. We don't know all the reasons for the shutdown, nor do we know how the original website/domain name was secured. SkateCanada seems like a pretty neutral place to announce it. Plus, it is likely that the announcement will be seen by more people if put on the SkateCanada website, than only on their own. There's also a possibility that SkateCanada wants to be more connected to this team promotionally, as the Vancouver Games approach.

I didn't think about domain names/contracts/etc. I was just thinking that if I had the site bookmarked and something was announced elsewhere I wouldn't know where to look. Granted the page does tell me where... lol You raised some good points and I definitely agree/could see where SkateCanada would want to be getting them out there.

And I hope my post didn't come across as rude. I re-read it and it didn't sound quite like I intended.
Back to top Go down
misha
Fan
Fan
misha

PostSubject: Re: Off.Site was closed   Off.Site was closed Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 5:18 pm

cailuj365 emailed the webmaster and you can read her post on fsuniverse.net but yes, they did shut it down and no, no new site is upcoming.
Back to top Go down
lilybird
Novice Skater
Novice Skater

PostSubject: Re: Off.Site was closed   Off.Site was closed Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 7:38 pm

It does seem strange to think of ANY elite figure skater without a website, doesn't it?

There's certain to be much written/photographed about them this coming season, so it's not like there won't be anything out there on them. At least there's that to look forward to.
Back to top Go down
Andin
Fan
Fan
Andin

PostSubject: Re: Off.Site was closed   Off.Site was closed Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 12:26 pm

misha Sad I have no words. I can't understand this decision. I think SkateCanada.com must change something in their design and etc. in that case. It's not a great comfortable site now....
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Admin
Sarah

PostSubject: Re: Off.Site was closed   Off.Site was closed Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 9:22 pm

Maybe someone new will make a website for them. I know i had some, but they were just with freewebs, and im pretty sure they dont exsist anymore. However, there are a lot of people that I'm sure are interested in setting up a website for them, and have the resources to do so.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Off.Site was closed   Off.Site was closed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Off.Site was closed
Page 1 of 1