Team Tesscott
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Team Tesscott

This is a place for Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir fans to get together and talk. It isn't an official fan club (at least not yet).

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Thornhill?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
OlieRow
Fan
Fan
OlieRow

Thornhill? Empty
PostSubject: Thornhill?   Thornhill? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 6:22 pm

Someone has said on FSU that Tessa & Scott are going to do their new FD at Thornhill. They're not on the roster so I don't know if it's true or not. Hopefully someone will get video (or a report, I won't be picky at this point in the offseason...)
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Admin
Sarah

Thornhill? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thornhill?   Thornhill? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 12:48 pm

If they arent on the list now, they most likely will not be competing in Thornhill. I have friends that compete in it every year and once the list is out, no one new is usually added. It's one of those competitions where theres a strict deadline to get in - at least i know its that way for pre-novice, novice and junior. Disappointing though, I was planning on taking the day off work and going down there to watch.
Back to top Go down
lilybird
Novice Skater
Novice Skater

Thornhill? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thornhill?   Thornhill? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 1:00 pm

I saw that comment about Tessa and Scott being at Thornhill, too.

Unless anything is "official" I tend to think of those kinds of reports as only rumour. It sure would be nice to get some kind of update, though. I feel just like OlieRow, at this point in the (Very Looong) off-season I'm so not-picky on whether it's just a report or an actual video. In fact, I'd like Any kind of report on some of the top ice-dance teams.

Do you think we'll make it till Skate Canada? Smile
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Admin
Sarah

Thornhill? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thornhill?   Thornhill? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 1:05 pm

Ok, so i just went onto the COS website and the line-up for the FD is as follows:

Patricia Stuckey / Christopher Mior
Siobhan Karam / Kevin O'Keefe
Allie Hann-McCurdy / Michael Coreno
Claire Tannett / Wendell McGrath

I'm not sure where these people are getting their information from on the other site. If it so happens that Tessa and Scott are going to be there, it will most likely be an exhibition skate, not part of the competition. I'll try to find out for you.
Back to top Go down
OlieRow
Fan
Fan
OlieRow

Thornhill? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thornhill?   Thornhill? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 12:10 am

I figured since they weren't on the list it wasn't likely but figured that if they decided they wanted to skate the organizers might let them.

lilybird wrote:
Do you think we'll make it till Skate Canada? Smile

Well given that I have the Olympics to distract me until the end of August (it'll take me a week to catch up on sleep) and then college football starts, I think there's a chance I might make it. It'll depend on how my alma mater does. If they're as good as everyone is hyping them up to be then I'll probably stay happy until the Grand Prix gets here.

I was hoping to make it to Ottawa but the airfare is RIDICULOUS.
Back to top Go down
lilybird
Novice Skater
Novice Skater

Thornhill? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thornhill?   Thornhill? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 9:00 am

Sarah wrote:

I'm not sure where these people are getting their information from on the other site. If it so happens that Tessa and Scott are going to be there, it will most likely be an exhibition skate, not part of the competition. I'll try to find out for you.
Since the Canadian High Performance Camp is just about a month away, what would be the point of unveiling a new program in this format? If it's just as an exhibition and not getting judged, isn't it the same thing that would be happening next month in Vancouver, and with the "powers that be" of Skate Canada in attendance?

Just wondering ....

Not that I'm against ANY report/information regarding Tessa and Scott's programs, of course.
Back to top Go down
cailuj365
Fan
Fan

Thornhill? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thornhill?   Thornhill? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 10:32 pm

The person on FSU is now reporting that V&M have pulled out....if they were even entered to begin with that is. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Thornhill? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thornhill?   Thornhill? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thornhill?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team Tesscott :: Tessa & Scott :: Upcoming Events-
Jump to: