Team Tesscott
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Team Tesscott

This is a place for Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir fans to get together and talk. It isn't an official fan club (at least not yet).

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

iceNetwork.com Article on Next Season's Rules

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
swandie
Fan
Fan

iceNetwork.com Article on Next Season's Rules Empty
PostSubject: iceNetwork.com Article on Next Season's Rules   iceNetwork.com Article on Next Season's Rules Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 1:32 pm

Tessa and Scott share their thoughts on next season's OD rhythm as well as the new CD, the Finnstep. http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080505&content_id=48051&vkey=ice_news
Back to top Go down
http://swandie27.livejournal.com/
Sarah
Admin
Sarah

PostSubject: Re: iceNetwork.com Article on Next Season's Rules   iceNetwork.com Article on Next Season's Rules Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 6:13 pm

thats a good artical.. thanks for sharing.
I'm looking forward to seeing this new dance - it sounds cool.
Back to top Go down
Tessa
Fan
Fan

PostSubject: Re: iceNetwork.com Article on Next Season's Rules   iceNetwork.com Article on Next Season's Rules Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 7:18 am

Didn't Kati Winkler and René Lohse present that dance in 2007? I remember the ISU considered calling it Sunshine Quickstep first, but Petri Kokko insisted it should be called Finnstep better.
Anyway, I'm looking forward to watching it in competition!
Back to top Go down
Tessa
Fan
Fan

PostSubject: Re: iceNetwork.com Article on Next Season's Rules   iceNetwork.com Article on Next Season's Rules Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 7:21 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDXIgUuNwq4

I've just found this link of the demonstration! Looks cool! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
swandie
Fan
Fan

PostSubject: Re: iceNetwork.com Article on Next Season's Rules   iceNetwork.com Article on Next Season's Rules Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 12:04 pm

Thanks for the link! It's unlike any other CD I've ever seen! It looks like a lot of fun...too bad they're only doing it at 4CC and Euros.
Back to top Go down
http://swandie27.livejournal.com/
Sarah
Admin
Sarah

PostSubject: Re: iceNetwork.com Article on Next Season's Rules   iceNetwork.com Article on Next Season's Rules Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 2:47 pm

wow. That looks really difficult. I like it though.

I think that a lot of teams will opt out of this dance because you have to stop in the middle, then gain your speed back quickly. A lot of teams have trouble with this (speed) on the easier dances such as the argentine and the blues. The choctaw into the twizzle looks very difficult - especially when you have to keep it in time with the music.
Back to top Go down
Diana
Fan
Fan

PostSubject: Re: iceNetwork.com Article on Next Season's Rules   iceNetwork.com Article on Next Season's Rules Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 10:56 pm

Sarah wrote:

I think that a lot of teams will opt out of this dance because you have to stop in the middle, then gain your speed back quickly. A lot of teams have trouble with this (speed) on the easier dances such as the argentine and the blues. The choctaw into the twizzle looks very difficult - especially when you have to keep it in time with the music.

Do you mean a lot of teams will skip 4CC and Euros? Because how else will they be "opt out"? I could see teams skipping 4CCs, but can't see too many teams skipping Euros.
Back to top Go down
Tessa
Fan
Fan

PostSubject: Re: iceNetwork.com Article on Next Season's Rules   iceNetwork.com Article on Next Season's Rules Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 2:42 am

Sarah wrote:

Yeah, If they draw this CD for Europeans I'll feel the same as I felt this year with the Yankee Polka. It'll look really awkward when some of the lower-placing couples will have to do it!
Back to top Go down
OlieRow
Fan
Fan
OlieRow

PostSubject: Re: iceNetwork.com Article on Next Season's Rules   iceNetwork.com Article on Next Season's Rules Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 6:20 pm

Where is 4CC's this year? Isn't it in the Olympic venue? For that reason alone I would think the skaters would want to go. I don't know how it is with skating but for rowing I liked getting to see a race course before racing... I always found it comforting and I'd imagine that with the stress and pressure of the Olympics you'd be looking for any slight advantage you can get.
Back to top Go down
Diana
Fan
Fan

PostSubject: Re: iceNetwork.com Article on Next Season's Rules   iceNetwork.com Article on Next Season's Rules Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 9:30 am

OlieRow wrote:
Where is 4CC's this year? Isn't it in the Olympic venue? For that reason alone I would think the skaters would want to go. I don't know how it is with skating but for rowing I liked getting to see a race course before racing... I always found it comforting and I'd imagine that with the stress and pressure of the Olympics you'd be looking for any slight advantage you can get.

Yes it is -- I had forgotten about that. Yay -- that means skaters probably *won't* be skipping 4CC's.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: iceNetwork.com Article on Next Season's Rules   iceNetwork.com Article on Next Season's Rules Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

iceNetwork.com Article on Next Season's Rules
Page 1 of 1