Team Tesscott
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Team Tesscott

This is a place for Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir fans to get together and talk. It isn't an official fan club (at least not yet).

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2008 CSOI Tour???

Go down 
+6
Tessa
evt
lilybird
OlieRow
Sarah
skatingfan04
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
skatingfan04
Fan
Fan
skatingfan04

2008 CSOI Tour??? Empty
PostSubject: 2008 CSOI Tour???   2008 CSOI Tour??? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 4:00 pm

Does anyone know when a list of guest stars will be available online? I'm dying to know if Tessa & Scott will be performing!
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Admin
Sarah

2008 CSOI Tour??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2008 CSOI Tour???   2008 CSOI Tour??? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 9:30 pm

I haven't heared anything. I'm guessing if they do perform in the tour it would only be in a couple shows. Like London, Toronto, Hamilton..just close to home.
Back to top Go down
skatingfan04
Fan
Fan
skatingfan04

2008 CSOI Tour??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2008 CSOI Tour???   2008 CSOI Tour??? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 4:34 pm

Great News!!! Very Happy Some of the CSOI guest appearances have been formally announced in the official website!

http://www.starsonice.ca/news-apr-08-08.php

According to this article, Tessa and Scott will be skating in Toronto, Hamilton and London.
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Admin
Sarah

2008 CSOI Tour??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2008 CSOI Tour???   2008 CSOI Tour??? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 11:42 am

yay! I'm going to hamilton!
hahaha how funny..i totally guessed that they would before it was even announced. and i got all 3 cities right..ahah.
Anyone else going to the hamilton show?
Back to top Go down
OlieRow
Fan
Fan
OlieRow

2008 CSOI Tour??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2008 CSOI Tour???   2008 CSOI Tour??? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 7:26 pm

I'm going to be in Hamilton too. I've never seen CSOI and its been years since I've been to SOI. I just decided a road trip was necessary to see Tessa & Scott (well, and the rest of the cast too).
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Admin
Sarah

2008 CSOI Tour??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2008 CSOI Tour???   2008 CSOI Tour??? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 9:15 pm

aha i'll be somewhere in the front row
Back to top Go down
lilybird
Novice Skater
Novice Skater

2008 CSOI Tour??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2008 CSOI Tour???   2008 CSOI Tour??? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 12:05 pm

I'm very much looking forward to your reviews, and hopefully there will also be some pictures to post? Smile
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Admin
Sarah

2008 CSOI Tour??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2008 CSOI Tour???   2008 CSOI Tour??? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 1:02 pm

i'll take lots of pictures..but my pictures arent the greatest because my camera sucks..lol
Back to top Go down
evt
Fan
Fan
evt

2008 CSOI Tour??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2008 CSOI Tour???   2008 CSOI Tour??? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 9:45 pm

video perhaps? Laughing
*wishful thinking*
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Admin
Sarah

2008 CSOI Tour??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2008 CSOI Tour???   2008 CSOI Tour??? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 9:29 pm

maybe...its harder to take a video in hamilton..they watch you since its being filmed for tv at that location
Back to top Go down
lilybird
Novice Skater
Novice Skater

2008 CSOI Tour??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2008 CSOI Tour???   2008 CSOI Tour??? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 2:11 pm

Does anyone have a report, pictures, video, or anything on this past weekend's Carnival at Ilderton?

I saw an article that mentioned a jazzy program from Tessa and Scott. Some very descriptive details would be fabulous.

And about CSOI, will Tessa and Scott be part of the one that is televised?

The off-season just started and I'm already going through severe withdrawal! Someone please post something new. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Admin
Sarah

2008 CSOI Tour??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2008 CSOI Tour???   2008 CSOI Tour??? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 9:29 pm

Tessa and Scott are performing at the Hamilton show, which is the televised show, however sometimes they keep the guest skaters out of it because it wouldn't be fair if not all the guest skaters were in it.
Back to top Go down
Tessa
Fan
Fan

2008 CSOI Tour??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2008 CSOI Tour???   2008 CSOI Tour??? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 11:34 am

At least it's broadcasted at all. On Eurosport which unfortunately is the only sport tv I can watch they broadcast figure skating about four times a year. When they annouced to broadcast 4CC in 2007 I was jumping up and down from excitement, but later I wasn't able to watch it...missed opportunity this year they didn't broadcast it
Back to top Go down
Tessa
Fan
Fan

2008 CSOI Tour??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2008 CSOI Tour???   2008 CSOI Tour??? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 11:36 am

Sarah wrote:
i'll take lots of pictures..but my pictures arent the greatest because my camera sucks..lol

Doesn't matter...hopefully you'll take some in which we can identify the skaters that are in.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TRAxel
Fan
Fan

2008 CSOI Tour??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2008 CSOI Tour???   2008 CSOI Tour??? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 6:47 am

Yay, I will get to see them in London!
Back to top Go down
http://www.buttlebuddies.com
Tessa
Fan
Fan

2008 CSOI Tour??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2008 CSOI Tour???   2008 CSOI Tour??? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 5:25 am

I have to admit that I'm a bit jealous of you guys having a chance to go to Stars on Ice.. But I'm sure you post some kind of report about it! So I hope you'll have fun there! enjoy it... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
OlieRow
Fan
Fan
OlieRow

2008 CSOI Tour??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2008 CSOI Tour???   2008 CSOI Tour??? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 11:43 am

I'll try to get pictures/video from Hamilton if I can and I'll definitely give a report when I get back. I got really excited when I got an email from Ticketmaster saying that it was 3 days away! Does anyone know the policy on taking cameras? I have my little digital that would work for video and would be easier to hide but my mom's nicer camera with a big lens might work better for still photos.
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Admin
Sarah

2008 CSOI Tour??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2008 CSOI Tour???   2008 CSOI Tour??? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 12:32 pm

if you put your digital camera in the bottom of your purse under something they really never find them. and they never care once your in your seats. I think it says "no flash photos or recording devices" so just say your camera doesnt take video if they ask.
Back to top Go down
lilybird
Novice Skater
Novice Skater

2008 CSOI Tour??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2008 CSOI Tour???   2008 CSOI Tour??? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 1:29 pm

I was hoping for some CSOI reports (and of course, photos). Anyone?

I checked at FSU but really, a little more than a variation of "Tessa and Scott were awesome" would be much appreciated. We already KNOW they're awesome. Smile
Back to top Go down
OlieRow
Fan
Fan
OlieRow

2008 CSOI Tour??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2008 CSOI Tour???   2008 CSOI Tour??? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 5:56 pm

Okay... I'll try to give a review more than just "Tessa & Scott were awesome!" But let's face it, they're kind of a big deal. queen + king = rock stars.

Kurt came out and set up their ballet bar (or is it barre??) and joked about how we should be glad he wasn't going to use it. He said something about how SOI likes to support young skaters who are coming up in the sport. He talked about how Tessa & Scott are young, but they've already arrived and about their successes thus far. Then Tessa skated out and started doing ballet "stuff" and then Scott joined her. The thing was set up so that there were two rods and one was removeable so they could skate "on the bar" around the ice. They did some pretty cool stuff with it, but it's kind of hard to describe. Then at some point they moved the whole thing off ice and skated without it. I don't remember seeing anything that stuck out as new that might be something they're working on for programs for next year. Basically, I think a lot of the spins/lifts were things we've seen before (like the dance spin and rotational lift from the FD) but I didn't care.

They were even better live than I expected! I feel like I'm stating the obvious by saying I was impressed with their polish, speed, and edges. I thought even their ability to perform to a crowd was on par with veterans who've been doing it much longer. I'm not even going to pretend to be knowledgeable about dance more than as a big fan, but they are soooo well matched with such chemistry it's amazing. The way they relate to each other (even when they're not skating) you can just tell they have an incredible relationship and really enjoy skating together. And it's also obvious that they've had an extensive dance background, especially Tessa. She was such a natural with this number. Okay, I think I've gushed enough!

They only skated once and didn't come out for any of the group numbers, obviously. I think what they did was put Tessa & Scott in in place of one of Marie-France and Patrice's numbers. I was hoping to see them again, I think I could have watched them for the entire show... lol They did come out at the end for the final bows where they were on the end near me and were shaking hands with all the fans with on ice seats. Why didn't I splurge for those seats?! They went through and announced all the skaters, starting with Tessa & Scott, and then Scott was like "Joannie Rochette...." and then she introduced someone else.

Here's a link to some good photos that was posted on FSU. Aside from being good pictures maybe they'll help visualize what they did with the bar.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/janetliz/sets/72157604774978349/

I also attempted to video it and hopefully I'll have time to get it uploaded somewhere soon. Don't get too excited though, a lot of it is blocked by the heads of the people in front of me. I was kind of overly paranoid about getting caught recording so I didn't want to stick my camera way out. When they were down at the other end and I couldn't see, I paused the recording. The couple in front of me moved for the second half so it would've been a great video if they had skated then...

So this has gotten kind of long and rambly, but hopefully I covered what you wanted. If there's anything else you wanted, feel free to ask and I'll work on getting the video figured out.
Back to top Go down
Diana
Fan
Fan

2008 CSOI Tour??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2008 CSOI Tour???   2008 CSOI Tour??? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 8:54 pm

Thanks for your review, OlieRow!! Sounds like it was an interesting program. From the pictures, it looked like Scott was doing ballet "stuff" at the barre as well. Was he as good as Tessa? Wink And what was the music like? Slow? Was it weird when they stopped dancing to move the barre off the ice?
Back to top Go down
evt
Fan
Fan
evt

2008 CSOI Tour??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2008 CSOI Tour???   2008 CSOI Tour??? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 9:33 pm

Thanks OlieRow! You are amazing Smile
Back to top Go down
lilybird
Novice Skater
Novice Skater

2008 CSOI Tour??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2008 CSOI Tour???   2008 CSOI Tour??? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 9:48 pm

Thanks OlieRow!! This was exactly the kind of review I was hoping for. More like a play-by-play of what they did. For those of us who couldn't be there it's nice to have some description that makes us "feel" being there. Would you say this was pretty similar in feeling to their first exhibition program of this season? I forget what they titled it.

I love the gushing, that's why I joined this group! So any more you can think of is ok by me. Smile

I hope we also get some kind of review of the London show. I wonder if the dynamic feels different when it's their home town? Was the London show full of Moir's and Virtue's (and any other significant others)?
Back to top Go down
OlieRow
Fan
Fan
OlieRow

2008 CSOI Tour??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2008 CSOI Tour???   2008 CSOI Tour??? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 10:31 am

Diana wrote:
Thanks for your review, OlieRow!! Sounds like it was an interesting program. From the pictures, it looked like Scott was doing ballet "stuff" at the barre as well. Was he as good as Tessa? Wink And what was the music like? Slow? Was it weird when they stopped dancing to move the barre off the ice?

Scott wasn't a bad dancer. I think Tessa must have given him lessons... The music was slow, you'll be able to hear it when I get my video uploaded. They kinda fit moving the barre off ice in, Tessa took off her sweater thing while they did it. It was almost like they were "warming up" at the barre and then moved it away.

lilybird wrote:
Would you say this was pretty similar in feeling to their first exhibition program of this season?

This was very different from the Ballroom Rocks exhibition (and their other ballet numbers). Instead of showing more of their personalities where Tessa is the sophisticated dancer and Scott is the tough guy/hockey player this was more lyrical/classical. They were both dancers and the number really showed off their great lines and true "dance" style.

lilybird wrote:
I hope we also get some kind of review of the London show. I wonder if the dynamic feels different when it's their home town? Was the London show full of Moir's and Virtue's (and any other significant others)?

I obviously don't have a review of the London show but I would imagine they would have had lots of family and friends there. I know the crowd gave them a huge applause when they were introduced and I saw a few people who stood up. The whole arena gave Jeff an ovation which was kind of cool.
Back to top Go down
Tessa
Fan
Fan

2008 CSOI Tour??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2008 CSOI Tour???   2008 CSOI Tour??? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 1:04 pm

Oh great, I've just read your review! Very Happy Thanks a lot! It's too bad that I live here in Europe I'd have loved to see one of the shows. But only for going to a skating show it would be kind of too expensive to travel abroad! Anyway, hopefully next summer I'll be able to go to Canada and I'm so excited about that! My first time out of Europe...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

2008 CSOI Tour??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2008 CSOI Tour???   2008 CSOI Tour??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2008 CSOI Tour???
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next